You must have heard about the coronavirus or COVID-19 that was found in 2019, which has spread like a plague all over the world. The virus was first found in China in 2019 and then gradually spread around the world. With cases reported at over 3.42 million as of today, and more than 240,ooo deaths, and around one Million recovered. The death toll has risen to 65,943, the highest in the United States to date. You can Find the current count here.
Symptoms of a Corona disease
The most important in this regard is that what are the symptoms of a coronavirus with each passing day?
They keep changing and either he starts getting better or his condition gets worse because it is a novel virus, a modern virus against which no antibiotics have been developed yet and no vaccine is available against it. In such a situation, the whole world is facing serious challenges and difficulties against this virus. According to WHO or World Health Organization, The most important symptoms of corona disease are.
- And dry cough.
Other patients have other symptoms.
- Nasal congestion
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
According to WHO, 80% of patients with the virus are those who do not know that they have corona, recovered without going to a hospital and without knowing. People with a strong immune system have fewer chances of infected with this virus or do not suffer from a serious illness.
They think that they may have a cold or flu and they recover automatically without any test. Therefore, they do not require any special treatment, and one out of every six patients of the corona is severe. One in six corona patients may be seriously ill in the other five, the symptoms are not so severe.
These symptoms can be severe in patients with diabetes, high blood pressure, lung, and other heart diseases.
How coronavirus diagnosed?
When the disease entered China, China started a special test within the first two weeks, which we call PCR. Its full name is real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) but problems in that and its result were also late.
The second test started a month ago and is important which we call the Antibody test for coronavirus. In this test our immune system makes antibodies against this virus which we called Immunoglobulin M=lgM and Immunoglobulin G=lgG is detected. If Immunoglobulin M=lgM detects positive than it tells that you freshly infected and lgG tells that a person infected from many days. In both cases, you can find out very quickly if you had the infection or if you have had it and the result comes in 15 minutes.
Corona Virus Prevention
- The best prevention is to stay mostly at home and do not try to go to public places like shopping malls, parks, restaurants, and other areas where much crowd.
- Keep pocket hand sanitizer with you and sanitize your hand often. Wash your hand for at least 30 seconds and keep yourself clean
- Don’t touch your face without washing hands after shaking hands with someone else and maintain distance with others who are coughing.
- If you have cough fever or you have a problem in breathing than keep yourself away from others and call your country corona helpline number.
- Use disposable face mask or surgical face mask and wear hand gloves when you go outside.